Nguyen Thi Que Loan (Thai Nguyen University of Education)
Abstract ID: 268
Topic: Language, community, ethnicity
General Session Papers
Food plays an important role in life, because first of all, it ensures nutritional requirements of human. Besides, food also contains cultural elements, which express feature, personality, natural condition of ethnic people. Enjoying food is not only an evaluation on food, but it is also an approach, discovery of elite, cultural lifestyle of who makes that dish. Especially, through discovery of food in ritual and worship of each ethnic people, we can understand their concept of world view. They are one of 54 ethnic people who are living in Vietnam, San Diu people has their unique culture.
However, in the context of globalization, traditional culture of San Diu people is changing in all aspects, but the food used in ritual and worship is the only thing still fully preserved. What is characteristic of dishes as well as explanation and their conception? To find out these matters, the abstract will focus on these following contents:
Cultural environment of The San Diu of Vietnam
Conception of spiritual world and food used in ritual and worship
Comment and conclusion
1. Nguyen Thi Que Loan (2006), Customs of taking care of pregnant women, infants in eating of The San Diu People in Thai Nguyen, Review of ethnography, No. 5 (143), 25-28.
2. Nguyen Thi Que Loan (2007), Cultural identity of The San Diu People in Thai Nguyen through eating customs, Review of ethnography, Số 3 (147), 36-44.
3. Nguyen Thi Que Loan (2007), Vegetable in daily meals of The San Diu People in Thai Nguyen,
Southeast Asian Studies Press, No. 8 (89), 55-63.
4. Nguyen Thi Que Loan (2008), Changes in eating customs of The San Diu People in Thai Nguyen, Review of ethnography No. 2 (152), 13-25.
5. Nguyen Thi Que Loan (2008), Behaviors in eating of The San Diu People in Thai Nguyen, Southeast Asian Studies Press, No. 3 (96), 68-73.
6. Nguyen Thi Que Loan (2017), Cultural Identity of Cuisine of The San Diu People in Thai Nguyen Nguyên (reference book), Thai Nguyen University Publishing
Keywords: Food, ritual and worship, San Diu, Vietnam